Looking for insurance

Thorsten

Hi all, I'm trying to find insurance in Edmonton for my trusted 1998 Suzuki TL1000S, since we walked away from Allstate with all our insurable stuff.

Turns out this is not an easy feat as many companies refuse to insure sport bikes (I wonder why :rolleyes:). So any leads to a reasonable broker or insurance co. are greatly appreciated, as I really want to ride to Strato on the weekend!

Cheers,
Thorsten

Planepower

I'm insured with TD - Melloche / Primmum.
Give them a try. For theft insurance they require an alarm system.

bgurba

Thorsten,
I have my TL insured with AMA Insurance with a decent rate for full coverage. I used to be with Meloche Monnex years ago for the TL but AMA's rate was way better (you have to be an AMA member and have something else insured with them as well though).
Good luck,
Brad.

Hi all, I'm trying to find insurance in Edmonton for my trusted 1998 Suzuki TL1000S, since we walked away from Allstate with all our insurable stuff.

Turns out this is not an easy feat as many companies refuse to insure sport bikes (I wonder why :rolleyes:). So any leads to a reasonable broker or insurance co. are greatly appreciated, as I really want to ride to Strato on the weekend!

Cheers,
Thorsten

M87

I have insurance through Blazer Insurance 482-4477 ask for Fern.
She insures my bikes through three different companies depending on who gives the best rate. Wawanesa for my dirt bikes and VFR, Jevco for the SD and someone else for the ZX-10. The Kaw was the most expensive but she found what was best for me.
I'm not sure whether mentioning my name would hurt or help.
Mike

YZF1000jon

My agent runs us through Intact, (used to be ING). Nice thing is some companies look at a TL-S and will rate it cheaper than a TL-R as the R designation corresponds to race replica.