Track Boots

Adam12

Ahoy
I would like to purchase a dedicated track boots for track-days as I have cruising boots. They have very nice air flow. I have found too much information online! What boots do you guys and gals use at Castrol? I think I am leaning towards a perforated boot, but need some help with objective descriptions of why rather then subjective likes.
Any help/thoughts?

blam

Administrator
i typically run pretty warm. sneakers make my feet sweat profusely.

having said that. I run Sidi vertigo boots, without perforation. i don't find them overly warm. they have some special liner with air bubbles. i dont know if they work to be honest, because I havent tried boots without

for me it was about fit and protection more than anything and the sidis fit me best of the ones i tried.

things i liked
all sliders are replaceable-i dont want to order parts and wait forever for them to come in
any shoe repair shop can replace the soles (aftermarket rearsets will chew through your boots)
lots of protection

things i dont like
velcro flap on the inside-can get caught on rear sets, though i dont find this a problem anymore since i swapped rearsets (wood craft)

Adam12

Thanks. I have been eyeing those. From a fashion side I need to make sure that the Sidi red goes with green of my suit.

DEFBOY35

I am on my second set of alpinestars super tech r's.
Have definitely crash tested them and they hold up very well. Just keep in mind that they fit on the big size. I am down a couple sizes from what I typically wear in other boots.

Adam12

I have heard that about A-stars. What is the delta between your size and the boots? I am a 42 and was wondering if I should buy a 40 if I go with A*

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Give me a shout i have a bunch of Falco (made in italy) boots in stock
780 716 7165
Neil