2024 EMRA Executive Candidates/Nominations

Parker08

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
This forum is created to be a place for those who are wishing to run for an position on the 2024 EMRA executive, or as a place to nominate those who you feel would be a great executive for the 2024 year.
It is not mandatory, (nominations will still be accepted at the AGM,) but it will be a place to promote yourself and let club members know in advance that you are running; for what position; and why they should vote for you.

Executive positions include the following:
• President
• Vice President
• Secretary
• Treasurer
• 7 General Director positions, which include some specifically required tasks such as: volunteer coordinator, registrar, timing/grids, air fence, tech

Last edited:

Linda Moebes

Linda here!

This past EMRA season (2023) was my 5th year with the club, 4th year as race director and 2nd year as volunteer coordinator on the executive. I've really enjoyed being volunteer coordinator! I love getting to meet new people constantly and teaching them our EMRA ways. I'm organized, punctual, dedicated, and try my best to create a positive atmosphere at the track. I'm always working on improving so that things run as smoothly as possible. I would really like to be voted back onto the executive for the 2024 season.

See you all at the AGM!

Linda here!

This past EMRA season (2023) was my 5th year with the club, 4th year as race director and 2nd year as volunteer coordinator on the executive. I've really enjoyed being volunteer coordinator! I love getting to meet new people constantly and teaching them our EMRA ways. I'm organized, punctual, dedicated, and try my best to create a positive atmosphere at the track. I'm always working on improving so that things run as smoothly as possible. I would really like to be voted back onto the executive for the 2024 season.

See you all at the AGM!
I would like to see you riding a motorcycle personally :)

You do a great job , you have my vote

Joe Preston

I Joe Preston am running for exec again this year(Air fence director ,tech and anywhere else I can help out), I love doing the air fence coordinating, setting up and taking down , I really enjoy helping out the club in any and every way I can, I'm 110% committed to the EMRA, I'm at every race day/weekend (I stay right at the track from airfence set up till take down ), I'm at all the track days and I never miss an exec meeting or event,I'm always looking out for safety for all the riders and how we can make things better for everyone, Im also in for doing tech again, I really enjoyed doing it last season ,I try to make the air fence fun to keep everyone motivated and helping everyone one out trying my best to keeping everyone safe and getting the volunteers tech'd the night of the air fence set up,and thank you all who came out and helped with the airfence in the past it's been going really well and I'm looking forward to another amazing season for 2024, thank you everyone for the support , see you all at the AGM Dec 9th

Dawnemarie

Hey Everyone, I love this club and want to be even more involved with it in 2024!

I will be running for general director this year. For the last two years I have been volunteering my help in any way required. I have worked as a corner worker, grid Marshall, and gate to name a few of the positions I have covered on race days. Away from race days/ track days I have attended in person nearly every exec meeting and volunteered behind the scenes with the exec at fundraisers, the awards banquet, motorcycles shows, air fence set ups and air fence track transfers. I am familiar and highly involved with all the clubs activities on and off track throughout the year.

I am unsure at this point if I will be racing in 2024 due to the continued recovery from my crash at round 3 this year. I didn't let that crash slow down my involvement with the club last year and I won't let it slow me down in the future. I can continue to contribute as I have the last two years and even more in 2024 by being on the executive. I have the time and dedication to be on the exec. I hope I get your vote at the AGM.

Joe Preston

Hey Everyone, I love this club and want to be even more involved with it in 2024!

I will be running for general director this year. For the last two years I have been volunteering my help in any way required. I have worked as a corner worker, grid Marshall, and gate to name a few of the positions I have covered on race days. Away from race days/ track days I have attended in person nearly every exec meeting and volunteered behind the scenes with the exec at fundraisers, the awards banquet, motorcycles shows, air fence set ups and air fence track transfers. I am familiar and highly involved with all the clubs activities on and off track throughout the year.

I am unsure at this point if I will be racing in 2024 due to the continued recovery from my crash at round 3 this year. I didn't let that crash slow down my involvement with the club last year and I won't let it slow me down in the future. I can continue to contribute as I have the last two years and even more in 2024 by being on the executive. I have the time and dedication to be on the exec. I hope I get your vote at the AGM.
Thank you very much for all your hard work with the club, I think the club could for sure benifit with you on the team helping out like you have been

Parker08

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Hi All!

Grace here! I will be running for a general director position, to specifically take care of the Registrar role again. I think I have worked well with the rest of the executive, and that things have felt smooth (or at least easy to fix) event registration wise since I've been in this position. I look forward to another great race season with everyone! Hope to see as many of you as possible at the AGM ! Vote for Grace!

Potato

Greetings Race Fam!!!

Once again for the 2024 race year, I will be running for the Secretary position. I have held the role of Secretary for the past 3 years and upon reflection, I think I would be lost without it! I've continued to support the club by taking on extra responsibilities each year in order to help alleviate the stress on other executive members. As my experience with being on the executive grows, so does my ability in making this club the best in Western Canada! In these past couple of years, I have been working on revamping the Bylaws and bringing the Policy & Procedure Manual to fruition. While the club continues to grow, I feel it's important that we have a sound foundation to operate from and I wish to continue working on this by being on the 2024 executive.

I am totally stoked for the 2024 Season and look forward to serving the Club once again!

Thanks All!
Jordy

Scott600

Hey everyone,

New race season is quickly approaching and I'm hoping to be able to join the executive team again as a general director. Last year I took on the role of tech inspector and also helped out with air fence organization.

Last year was my first year on the executive team and I think I meshed well with the other members. I'm hoping to get another opportunity this year to help keep the club running and growing.

Thanks
Scott

Ducbert

Hey all,
I will be running for general director again for the 2024 season. I would like to continue working on what ever is required or comes up but also picking up any new things. I was working on: programs, web site, track days, sound system, parking, BBQ and anything else that needed doing!

Looking forward to another great season!

Jaju
Norbert