450 cc Singles Racing

racer51

It's amazing how it all keeps coming back to the Suzuki SV650 as the place to craft your skills. Anyone wanna' trade an SV for an RC?

jetfixer15

I always hear about new spec classes somewhere and have to point out that SV Cup has been around a while now and is a great spec class that not enough people race in. Suzuki Canada pays contingency for ANY year SV in the series. There are lots of SV650's for sale out there and even one ready to go race bike in our bikes for sale section. The 450 is a nice idea but it already exists with the SV Cup. Unless you are a top intermediate finisher on a new bike you won't see any contingency. Sure 600's have 30 more horsepower but with the right gearing you can stick with 600's at an intermediate level on an SV between turns 3 and 9.

JDS

Very, interesting. Sure makes a person think. How about, one Ducati for two SV 650's :)

JaCkUnIoN

I heard about this 450cc single thing a while ago. I think they ran a race at mid ohio last year. Roland Sands was kiciing something like this around a couple years ago. Looks like he built some. Check it outhttp://videos.streetfire.net/video/Roland-Sands-450-Roadrace_153170.htm

YZF1000jon

One of the guys that works on Stratichuks bike built one 4 or 5 years ago using a 250 2stroke and it went pretty well. There were always handling issues, but what would you expect. I'd rather ride the thing as a motard anyway.