EMRA 200 Endurance Race Results

ian

Here are the results from the EMRA 200:

First place: #19 Bibs Boys - Dave Sushynski, Matt Elder, Chuck Downie - 200 laps

Second: #55 Gridline Technical Surveys - Kent Reeves, Todd Yakimoski, Pierre Paul Bugeaud - 199 laps

Third: #116 Bratts - Geoff Gerbrandt, Bodhi Edie, Charles Antle - 197 laps

Fourth: #98 JK Squared Racing - Jason Kolmatycki, Justin Knapik - 197 laps

Fifth: #573 Old Pricks On A Old Bike - Jon Watchuk, David Hyde, Steve Molinelli - 194 laps

Sixth: #25 Dynamic Duo - Spencer King, Ian Wall - 194 laps

Seventh: #42 Team 306 - Mike Maggrah, Emil Peev, Goran Jablan - 193 laps

Eighth: #37 Three Stooges - Norm Dickson, Neil Carlson, Maxim Ducap - 68 laps

Ninth: #40 Young Gun / Old Fart - Grant Smith, Sean Smith - 54 laps

Total race time was 4 hours 36 minutes including one red flag.

Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all the particpants and volunteers; it was a really fun, competitive event.

Ian

Fireman

The format did work well. It would be cool however if we did a average of the times of the teams. That way slower and faster riders could team up and still have a opportunity to win.

Thank you to Ian and the volunteers for putting this on.

YZF1000jon

It was kinda tough to get the "Let him by, he's lapping me" mentality out of the way. After a season of having that ingrained into my brain, I had to change my thinking to "HELL no, YOU get by ME! I'm leading right now!!":D The fact that we were leading for more than half was worth it all right there. Told ya that quick fill can was going to be a factor!

The volunteers standing around in the cold and wet were troopers, thanks gals and guys, we couldn't do this without you.

Jeckylll

Just wanted to let eveyone know I had an absolute blast the whole weekend. The endurance race taught me lots and allowed me to practice at race pace.

Thanks again Jon for letting me get to know the old girl :). Loved every minute. You will let me know if its ever for sale. It now has a special place in my list of all time favorite bikes.

DEFBOY35

I was very happy that i finished two days worth of work on saturday so that i could make it out to watch this race! was a lot of entertainment. and wanting to race next season, watching everyone i think was a great learning experience to see the lines taken in traffic vs wide open track etc.
was awesome watching steve david and jon race and with the format be able to take it to everyone for a hundred laps! to see JK2 work that absolute beast of a machine that is the ktm was incredible, if only it had a gas light!
and the bohdi clinic.
cant wait to be out there next year!

yak

The E-Race was certainly interesting this year with the format and especially with the weather factor.

I'm curious to hear additional feedback good or bad as we look to plan for next year.

YZF1000jon

I like the idea of averaging the team times, I may have to find someone waaay slower than me (there might be someone out there) so we can take advantage of even more open track! ;)

MyTTwin

I do like to idea of a "mixed time" however then the 59 second rider/s could run 175 laps and the 1:07 rider does 25......or less :)

sand.man

I think if you averaged times you would need to set a minimum number of laps for the slower riders on the team.

sand.man

What happened to team #'s 8 and 9? I understand that Norm had an unfortunate incident, did that end their race?

YZF1000jon

What happened to team #'s 8 and 9? I understand that Norm had an unfortunate incident, did that end their race?

It wasn't Norms incident, but later his teammates had an unfortunate meeting with another bike that ended their day. And team #40 was rebuilding their bike from a crash the day before until well past the 1/2 way mark. Then they came out to play. Son is now faster than Dad!

Jeckylll

I do like to idea of a "mixed time" however then the 59 second rider/s could run 175 laps and the 1:07 rider does 25......or less :)

I like the idea of average time but would cap it at 5 sec max difference or some other number this way you don't have a group of 1:12 with one sub minute guy and have the minute guy run most of the laps. so if you have a minute guy the rest of the 1:10 guys would be 1:05 in the average.