Fast 25 Dollars -> Air Fence

Tanner199

Morning Club,

With all the wall-like issues surrounding Castrol's new road course, how would the club/executive feel about putting the Fast 25 entries towards the air fence fund instead of Justin's pocket? (HAHA ;)).

Couple potential benefits:
- Fund the club's future liabilities
- Increase Fast 25 entries because everyone would now benefit from the future use of this money

We're probably not talking about a large sum of cash here, but in the end it is less we have to ask for from the club's sponsors, members and other affiliates.

I thought this might be worth a chat.

Cheers,

Tanner

Last edited:

Fireman

Sounds good to me tanner, however that is about $900-1000.00 of the 50,000 - 60,000 that we will be spending. So I will one up you.

For the rest of the season, the entry for the fast 25 should be 50.00 per entry. And the grids should be packed at that bargain.

The fee increase would make it so that each rider entering the fast 25 race would be contributing something additional instead of just taking the money from the top 3 riders. I think that anyone who is truly interested in the funding of the airfence and the further development of the club would be OK with that?

However if we don't fill the grids, we go back to payouts. This will be the challenge for the membership to see if we can pack the grid to raise some money! Are you in?

Last edited:

Ryno

Or we could leavw the fast 25 alone and just put out a air fence donation jar at reg and that way anyone wanting to donate to the air fence can.

macbayne

Or we could leavw the fast 25 alone and just put out a air fence donation jar at reg and that way anyone wanting to donate to the air fence can.

another vote for this route.

kinda curious what the fast 25 will look like next year too. all those guys compensating with large bikes (lol) are gonna be able to stretch their legs on a bigger course. a 600 won't stand a chance... especially with me on board. i can be the first to highside into our air fence at a new track.

Goatse

With Scott making everybody buy new Pirellis every round, there's not much spare cash in the pockets during a race weekend.

Cinder

Im in.....

i pay the 25$,and come have fun with you guys...
just need a liter bike now,oh wait.....its coming.

Fireman

i pay the 25$,and come have fun with you guys...
just need a liter bike now,oh wait.....its coming.

I don't think that was a option Dom lol. It's 20.00 and only the top 3 riders pay for the air fence. Or, $50.00 and the membership would be able to purchase 1875.00 worth of air fence.

$1875.00 is if the grid was packed at 25 riders for the next 3 rounds. That would buy us 1 piece of air fence. A good start for sure. If we don't get the full grids though, it's not really worth it. So we need riders on the grid to make this work. The membership can vote with their wallets.

If the grid is full, then the money would go towards air fence. If not, the tribe has spoken?

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
I'd pay 50$ for the fast 25. We need to dig money out of somewhere....

Spooner

With Scott making everybody buy new Pirellis every round, there's not much spare cash in the pockets during a race weekend.
Hey! That's not fair, I don't make anyone do anything... Look at Worsdal :rolleyes:

Morning Club,

With all the wall-like issues surrounding Castrol's new road course, how would the club/executive feel about putting the Fast 25 entries towards the air fence fund instead of Justin's pocket? (HAHA ;)).

Couple potential benefits:
- Fund the club's future liabilities
- Increase Fast 25 entries because everyone would now benefit from the future use of this money

We're probably not talking about a large sum of cash here, but in the end it is less we have to ask for from the club's sponsors, members and other affiliates.

I thought this might be worth a chat.

Tanner

I personally think its a great idea! The only unfortunate part of all of this is, that it would need to be motioned and passed by the Exec at the next monthly meeting. (Which, I'll make sure it is.) That date though, is not until after Round 5. So expect an announcement after Aug 28th,13.

Please continue discussing ideas in regards to helping purchase more air fence and let the Exec now.

Not to speak out of turn, but I'm fairly confident that Fast 25 will continue as such until after the next EMRA Exec meeting.

Thanks,

~Scott
EMRA Exec, Secretary

sand.man

That would make it an official club ruling Scott, that doesn't stop the fast 25 entrants from dropping $30 in a jar at registration, and the winners from donating their payouts back to the air fence fund on their own free will.

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
I think the interest in air fence and racing at Castrol is great, I will pay $50, or pay $20 and donate $30, whatever.

When I crashed in Mission I watched my bike smash the last 3' of hay bales they had in turn 6. Every little bit helps.

racer51

$100

I'd pay $200 to get a photo-op of me getting the checkers in front of Jason and Justin!

$100 if they make a post about what an awesome old-fuck-racer I am :)