Fire extinguishers

Limbo

Hey guys and gals, through work I have started to take NFPA 1081 fire fighting. One thing that came up is better options for fighting liquid fuel fires than the standard A/B/C dry chem extinguishers. From what I understand it may be worth looking into the extinguishers provided by a company called "Cold Fire" They are a little more costly, but compared to a race bike worth every penny in my mind.

http://www.coldfirecanada.com/racing-industry

I am in no way affiliated with this company or any distibuters, my reason for bringing this up is I watched a nice bike burn to the ground even after ~10 10lb A/B/C extinguishers were emptied on it. From what I understand oxygenated race fuel could have played a role in destroying the bike. I know I will be getting a couple of these, even if they are the spray can size for the shop, trailer etc.

Dave

Dean

We, the WMRC purchased a huge cannister of concentrated coldfire, and just re-fill our refillable water based extinguishers. A 5 gallon concentrated container wasn't very much and is likely to last the club about 5 to 10 years.

We fill 3 20lb cannisters with them and keep them on our crash truck.

Limbo

Good to hear, I'm sure that would have been a big help in 2010. Not that its a good situation if you have to use it, but any positive or negative experiences yet?