My winter project...

Jason Henton

I like my head so putting it back into a smashed helmet would never happen. I dunno if someone were to go to all that time, effort and money, why not just buy a new helmet? Not like you can't pick up an ok HJC or KBC or ICON for cheap. Here is what I found in the rule book...

Helmets must be certified by the manufacturer and have a sticker affixed stating it meets one of the following
accepted standards:
North America: Snell M2005 or M2010, Europe: ECE 22-04 and ECE 22-05 (P or J), Great Britain: BS 6658 Grade A
(road racing) and all Grade B, Japan: JIS T 8133:2000

All helmets must be undamaged, full coverage, or full facial units with immovable chin pieces.

A non-damaged visor must be fitted and secured in a down position on the helmet during any practice or race
session.
Tech. Inspection may disqualify helmets damaged during crash

Seems to me that every helmet I have owned, specifically states "do not use chemicals(ie paint) on them" however, From the snell website..

"Cosmetic changes to certified headgear are permissible. Such changes are generally limited to marking or trimming the headgear with manufacturer approved paint or tape. Otherwise, modifications to certified headgear effectively create new configurations which shall not have the confidence and certification of the Foundation until properly evaluated"

YZF1000jon

Some airbrush paints, and a lot of new automotive paints aren't solvent based anymore.

Just a note, last years rulebook included Snell 2005 and 2010. This year 2010 is the minimum Snell accepted, and the rulebook will be changed to relfect that 2005 is no longer an option.

Dave86

Looks great Jon, can't wait to see all the fairings done, will look pro!

Just a note, last years rulebook included Snell 2005 and 2010. This year 2010 is the minimum Snell accepted, and the rulebook will be changed to relfect that 2005 is no longer an option.

Already been changed :)

DEFBOY35

Some airbrush paints, and a lot of new automotive paints aren't solvent based anymore.

thats what i was thinking is that with most paints being water based now days that i wouldnt imagine it effecting the helmet as much or at all.

and just to make sure. the ece22-05 is still good rite? thats what the scorpion helmets are.

and Jon, bike looks awesome, the cf vinyl stands out nicely for the number.

nac.00

EMRA Executive Member
Staff member
Jon that looks SICK.
Your crank sensor doesn't look too happy holing up your clutch cover lol

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
Jon that looks SICK.
Your crank sensor doesn't look too happy holing up your clutch cover lol

I thought that wire was there so I could hang my cover like that? Haha, jk, it was nicely balanced on the frame slider for the picture and that was it.

Anyways, still working on some other mods to the bike, here's a new pic, wind screen is in and some more trim added.

2012-01-30_19-45-41_371.jpg

sv-racing-parts

:) Hi Jon, your bike is looking better every day,

Your bike will definitely be looking good at the track this year,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

fast316

EMRA Executive Member
So everything is finished, I did some soul searching and decided the bike just wasn't saying look at me as much as I want it to. I think it is pretty close now.

Big HUGE thanks to Riverside Honda for hooking me up with pure awesomeness. I got a ton of gear and parts from them to match the bike. The girls in accessories did an amazing job. Frank at the parts counter got everything in I asked for.

Also big thanks to my pal Ryan at Glass Assassin, I think he helped come up with another unique design for the bike. He slaved for hours and hours putting in tons of tiny details on the bike. Every star was cut and applied by hand.

2012-04-30163946.jpg

2012-04-30164010.jpg

2012-04-30164109.jpg

2012-04-30163935.jpg

YZF1000jon

All that work and you still have the ugly rusty exhaust chamber sticking out like a sore thumb! Time for some ceramic coating I think.:D