New Michelin Tires.

ElderadoRacing

Alright, I had the pleasure of riding the new Michelin Power Cup tires this past weekend in Salt Lake City. Miller is a very demanding track, it is also very hard on tires. I ran both the new slicks and the new D.O.T tires. I ran the VB front and the C rear. But I know the B would have been awesome.

These new tires are ridiculous! I am partial to the D.O.T's for some unknown reason. But when I say you need to be able to trust your tires, these tires give you all the trust you will ever need.

Both Geoff and I ran the D.O.T's on race day. The common theme was that when you get caught up chasing a faster rider and are going in way too deep into corners you can trail these things like crazy. I had several moments when I thought oh shit I am going to tuck it, way too fast, still on the brakes, max lean. And the damn tires just kept gripping. I could not get the front tire to push at all. Third race of the day, 28 degrees out and the tires just flat out grip.

I am not saying this because I am linked to Michelin, I am saying this because when you find something so good, something that gives you so much confidence on a bike, you should tell people. Be it a school, a new data logging device (SES Raceline GPS) or even new grips. With all the choices out there today don't be afraid to try something new.

Oh and try that goat track they call Miller Motorsports Park. It's okay. :D

GSmith

Sean and I second the Power Cups. We ran them at Miller in April and loved them.

Having said that, Pirelli had a new "red" (?) compound tire at Miller that we haven't tried yet. They are supposed to be more durable and less likely to tear at Miller/Stratotech than the traditional Pirelli compounds.

justbackitin

Just to add to what Matt was saying, the new VB front was sticking way better than I though was possible. I've never railed around the outside of so many guys running my same lap time in one race, just 'cause they were in the way.

Everyone plan on hitting Miller in October. Canadians are already getting to be a dominant force down there. Lets show them what we really have going up here.