Leathers repairs/ cleaning

Planepower

Anyone out there recommend a place to get racing leathers repaired/ reconditioned? Either Edmonton or Calgary area is good.

GSmith

How about sliders on boots (SIDI in my case)? The zipper is fine but I pulled the slider off one side of the zipper...the local shoe repair guy said he can't repair it.

Dean

This is going to sound completely off the wall, but for leather cleaning, go to a commercial laundromat and just put the leathers in the machine. Seriously. Of course, take your amour out, but that's what a bunch of us do here. Remember that we ride in the rain all the time and wet leathers are nothing. If you think of all the sweat you put in them too, getting leathers soaked is not a big deal. You just have to replenish the oils after.

So after the wash, we let them dry for 2 to 3 days. Once dry, we give them a good coating of mink oil. You can find mink oil at any shoe place, and sometimes even safeway in the shoe polish section. Give a good coating of mink oil, wait 2 days and then wipe off the excess. Leather will be supple again and clean.

YZF1000jon

Better than Mink oil is Neatsfoot oil, soaks in better and easier to brush on. Can't help with the fixing, but I can do a heck of a cleanup. I work for beer:D. Leather shampoo, saddle soap, Neatsfoot oil, all part of the service. Local dry cleaners will do leathers, but most charge $150 just for a leather coat, never mind a full suit. Let me know.