Motard Race using Eddie's Esses and a JUMP!

tawheed

Hey guys,

I've been dealing with Ian on this and here's what he's come up with so far..

We would run a race on the end of practice day Saturday. The track would include a Jump that would be built and provided by Cycleworks (If we can get enough people) there will also be some rubber curbing to be used as Whoops / Bumps. This would involve the hardcore motard crowd helping set up the track.

Dan seems to be really into this idea and I would love to see it happen.

Please let me know if you'd be interested in racing in this event and helping with setup / teardown.

Thanks!

1UP5DN

If you can get a decent setup for motards I might be able to coax a few of the Calgary guys up. Some dirt would be a major bonus for a motard race.

1UP5DN

Nothing is out of the question it just takes more negotiation and figuring out how to do it without dragging dirt onto the track. You guys need to learn how to ride the dirt and jump. It makes supermoto a lot more fun.

An aluminum ramp face might be a wee bit slippery. The one they have down in Vancouver is a steel frame with a plywood ramp face. It worked really well. I have pics if you want to see it.

1UP5DN

Has anyone actually asked Dan? Why are you so keen to give up before he has even been asked?

Not the best pics in the world but this is the setup they use down in Vancouver. It doesn't look very high but it produces a pretty big jump at speed.

SupermotoJump1.jpg

SupermotoJump2.jpg

Fireman

Nothing is out of the question it just takes more negotiation and figuring out how to do it without dragging dirt onto the track. You guys need to learn how to ride the dirt and jump. It makes supermoto a lot more fun.

An aluminum ramp face might be a wee bit slippery. The one they have down in Vancouver is a steel frame with a plywood ramp face. It worked really well. I have pics if you want to see it.

This has been discussed with the track owner, and the club. Dirt is out of the question.

We are tryin to develop a Supermoto class that is more exciting. Does that sound like a step forward? If so, help us get this thing off the ground rather than poo pooing it before it starts.

Last edited:

YZF1000jon

Plywood could work well, aluminum can be treated with truck bed liner easily improving traction, we can work with all that stuff. Unfortunately just no dirt. I would like to see the rubber speed bump whoops too, portable stuff like that can be changed from one race weekend to the next adding to the challenge and fun.

Fireman

Plywood could work well, aluminum can be treated with truck bed liner easily improving traction, we can work with all that stuff. Unfortunately just no dirt. I would like to see the rubber speed bump whoops too, portable stuff like that can be changed from one race weekend to the next adding to the challenge and fun.

I believe we have a ramp in the works. Unless I am mistaken a sponsor is having one welded.

Sounds like a more spectator friendly race :) I figured the dirt question woulda been asked and ruled out early. Easy to figure out why with placement removal etc. logistics just to have a jump that can easily be shuttled on and off the track if it is prefabricated. I'm looking forward to seeing the newly revamped motards next year.

racing101

this might sound crazy... but what if we (Stratotech, EMRA... volunteers?) built a small Supermoto track in the CENTER of the field? Right in front of the stands... between corner 5 and corner 1.

Mostly packed gravel and dirt jumps... or if somebody wanted to invest, some pavement? I dono... throwing it out there!

-t

jetfixer15

A purpose built ramp would be the best for motard specific races. I suspect most of the racers wouldn't want dirt tracked onto the race surface. There was dirt on the track in Mission for the WCCS double header rounds, from motard races, and it took a few days for them to get rid of it, and it created a hazard on the race surface. I don't think Dan would want dirt on his go-cart track either.

1UP5DN

The trick would be to set it up so the bikes came back onto pavement at a place not part of the racing surface. For example on this map, bring the bike back onto pavement in the middle of Eddie's Esses so they have 100 feet or so to clean off their tires before re-entering the racetrack proper.

Stratotech%20Map.jpg

Fireman

The trick would be to set it up so the bikes came back onto pavement at a place not part of the racing surface. For example on this map, bring the bike back onto pavement in the middle of Eddie's Esses so they have 100 feet or so to clean off their tires before re-entering the racetrack proper.

Stratotech%20Map.jpg

The Karts use the esses, which means they would have to deal with the dirt.

Well, that and Dan said "NO DIRT" which I am taking as meaning........he does not want dirt on his race track.

Seeing as he owes said race track, I guess we will have no dirt.

no dirt

Planepower

The Karts use the esses, which means they would have to deal with the dirt.

Well, that and Dan said "NO DIRT" which I am taking as meaning........he does not want dirt on his race track.

Seeing as he owes said race track, I guess we will have no dirt.

no dirt

somehow i think 'no dirt' might actually mean...no track vehicles to come into contact with dirt....not that ive seen dirt, its grass and gravel...so i take it the grass isnt goin to be replaced with dirt...no dirt = no dirt LOL:p

YZF1000jon

It's not us, it's the track owner. What he says is law. We rent the track from him and if he doesn't like what we're doing, we don't get to race anymore, or we get dinged with serious added fees just ask the drift club.