I also support the formula 108 proposalNew race, happens during Dash for Cash. Designed to give racers who just left Formula 112 a grid to compete with each other on, but are not quite up to Dash for Cash pace.
Formula 108 (Combined class Intermediate-Expert)
- Any motorcycle type
- Unlimited modifications
- Tires – DOT or slicks
- No external timing devices (Lap timers, Pit boards)
- Open to all Intermediate or Expert riders
- Rider must have disqualified from Formula 112 to participate
- Formula 108 will grid behind “Dash for Cash”
- Any rider recording a lap time faster than 108% of the cut off time, as recorded by the EMRA timing system will be disqualified at the end of the race and moved into Dash for Cash.
- Any rider slower than 113% for every lap over the duration of the race will be disqualified from the race and not allowed to re-enter Formula 108 until they have shown they can maintain a pace better than 112% of the lap record. Lap times from other races and qualifying will be reviewed by race officials and EMRA executive.
- If your times were greater than 113% and you were disqualified from Formula 108, you will not be allowed to re-enter Formula 112.
- The lower limit or cut off time is 1:24.9, based on the current lap record of 1:18.5. Based on 2019 times
- The upper limit or cut off time is 1:28.7, based on the current lap record of 1:18.5. Based on 2019 times
- The cut off times are set at the start of the year and will not change until the race season is over, at which time it will be reviewed for the following year.
Dash for cash Amendment
- 5.14 Entrants will be restricted to registered riders with a qualifying time faster than the current Formula 108 cut off.